Best Cordless Leaf Blowers 2019: Taking care of your lawn in the fall can be a very cumbersome task. The leaves keep on falling, and you have to rake them away again and again. Here is where technology comes to our rescue to help us get done with the task easily. A leaf blower is a pretty common tool among people who own houses with lawns. And the benefit is: you won’t have to rake the leaves by hand. Just use the leaf blower and get the job done quickly and easily. The latest variety of the leaf blower available in the market is the cordless leaf blower.
As it sounds, this new appliance is cordless. It operates on electric or gas and is very safe and easy to use. Anybody can use it as it’s extremely light-weight. Moreover, most of these come with straps so there won’t be any added pressure on your spine. Cordless leaf blower is an essential appliance to possess if you have a lawn and the falling leaves are giving you nightmares every day. However, it is important that you choose the perfect cordless leaf blower that suits your needs and the one that will be ideal for your yard. Here we have compiled a list of the best cordless leaf blowers to narrow down the list of probable candidates for you.
Who Should Use Cordless Leaf Blowers
10 Best Cordless Leaf Blowers 2019 Reviews, Pros & Cons & Verdict
Greenworks 40V 150 MPH Variable Speed Cordless Blower 24252
One of the best cordless leaf blowers in the market currently, the GreenWorks 24252 comes with a 2-piece blower tube and will help you keep your deck, lawn, driveway or garage spick and span in no time at all. This leaf blower operates on a battery and has a run time of 35minutes. So, it is perfect for small to medium sized properties. There’s no mess, and it’s quiet too.
This lightweight and easily maneuverable leaf blower are powered by a Li-ion battery which provides a stable power throughout its runtime. The onboard battery life indicator keeps you updated about how much power’s left in the machine and the variable speed dial allows you to operate it at a speed of up to 150mph.
- The variable speed allows you to use it anywhere without disturbing anything that need not be moved from its place.
- The lightweight design makes it the perfect tool to use while cleaning small spaces like the insides of your car.
- It’s so quiet that people around you will hardly notice you using it.
- It is perfect for clearing dry leaves off small to medium sized lawns and sidewalks. But when it comes to blowing damp grass or anything that’s a tad heavy, it doesn’t possess the power to blow it away.
- New GMAX 40-volt 2.0 amp hour lithium ion battery provides more power and longer run time
- Variable speed motor delivers max speeds of 150 MPH
- Extension tube helps increase reach and blower efficiency
- Lightweight design provides easier control over the unit
Dewalt DCBL770X1 Handheld Leaf Blower
This powerful leaf blower does not only take care of damp leaves but will also help you take care of debris. The flat concentrator nozzle helps it reach air speeds of up to 175 MPH and is built to withstand heavy-duty usage. The brushless motor is very efficient.The variable speed trigger allows you to have control over the airspeed. Being lightweight, it doesn’t put too much stress on your arm and comes with a 3-year limited warranty from the company.
- It is powerful enough to move small debris and damp clumps of grass.
- Easy to handle
- Lightweight and can be used by anybody
- The 60V battery drains out a little fast. So if you choose this blower, better get a large battery too.
- Powers through debris at up to 423 CFM of air volume at 129 MPH. Designed to withstand everyday heavy-duty usage
- Flat concentrator nozzle increases air speeds to 175 MPH for stubborn debris
- High-efficiency brushless motor maximizes run time and motor life. Noise Rating : 67 dB(A)
Worx TURBINE 56V Cordless Blower: WG591
This powerful blower featuring a brushless motor comes with speed varying capabilities. That means you can lower the speed and gently clean someplace out, like corners, and then you can ramp up the speed to collect the leaves in a pile. It packs a powerful 56V Max Li-ion battery and is lightweight. The brushless motor features the TURBINE technology and can fire up to 465cfm in air velocity. You will be able to get done with the task at hand efficiently and quickly.
The ergonomic handle makes it comfortable for you to work with it. What’s more, since this blower is a part of the Powershare series, you can change the battery with any other 56V tools belonging to the same series by Worx.
- Power-to-weight ratio is really good.
- The airstream it provides is highly productive.
- Interchangeable battery helps in case you forget to charge one; you can use another battery from another tool belonging to the same lineup.
- It has a separate adjuster to control the output and not the usual trigger. The adjuster has to be turned off sometimes before starting the leaf blower.
Worx TURBINE 56V Cordless Blower with Brushless Motor, 125 MPH and 465 CFM Output with TURBO Boost and Variable Speed...
- TURBINE fan technology delivers forceful, high-capacity air volume, Hyper-Stream air nozzle handles extra tough conditions
- Weighing only 8.1 lbs., the ergonomic design ensures optimal weight distribution to save on fatigue for those larger tasks
Dewalt DCBL720P1 Brushless Leaf Blower
The Dewalt DCBL720P1 20V MAX Li-Ion XR Brushless Blower features an axial fan which improves its runtime and air output. The speed can be adjusted, and the speed lock feature allows the user to have proper control of the leaf blower.
The 90 MPH of airspeed that it can produce has the ability to handle 400cfm of air volume. The design is ergonomic, and it is lightweight.
- It produces very less noise so your neighbors won’t be disturbed every time you use it.
- It features a speed lock and a variable trigger; so you’ll have the utmost control of the air flow.
- It can produce a powerful airflow which can handle 400cfm of air volume.
- A small tube with a narrow tip will be more helpful while using this blower on bushes or grass.
- Brushless Motor maximizing motor efficiency and durability
- Innovative axial fan design that maximizes on air output and run time
- 400 CFM and 90 MPH performance
- Variable trigger and speed lock. Lightweight and ergonomic design maximizes control and minimizes stress on your arm
Ego 142 MPH 575 CFM Cordless Leaf Blower
This is one of the most powerful cordless leaf blowers out there. The aeronautics technology inspired turbine fan design helps it perform much better than most gas-powered leaf blowers. The brushless motor is highly efficient and helps running for a long time, with as little vibration as possible. A spread nozzle attachment and the shoulder strap make it easier for you to clear off the debris and leaves.
It is quiet, and the compact design is remarkable. The 56V Li-ion battery drives it to produce up to 575cfm of air volume.
- The brushless motor features variable speed control and delivers 260-575cfm
- Even while operating at maximum power it is much quieter than premium gas blowers.
- The shoulder strap keeps you from getting tired and helps in balancing the blower.
- At 25lbs, it is a bit on the heavier side although the shoulder strap is a helpful addition.
- Most powerful cordless blower delivers up to 575 CFM Turbine fan engineering and efficient brushless motor Included 5.0Ah 56V Arc Lithium battery powers all EGO products
- 5-year limited warranty
The Echo CBL-58V2AH features a brushless motor which delivers tremendous and runs for a long time. The product is extremely durable and is more powerful than even some handheld gas blowers. It comes equipped with a trigger to vary the speed, and there’s also a cruise control setting. You will be able to choose between extended run time and more clearing power. The design allows it to move through even stubborn debris.
It comes equipped with a trigger to vary the speed, and there’s also a cruise control setting. You will be able to choose between extended run time and more clearing power. The design allows it to move through even stubborn debris.
- It is more powerful than some handheld gas blowers.
- It comes with a metal nozzle which helps at times when you need to scrape the ground or poke the bushes.
- The airstream it produces is quite concentrated in nature
- The heavyweight can make it a bit tiring to use.
- This refurbished product is tested and certified to look and work like new. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, basic cleaning, inspection, and repackaging. The product ships with all relevant accessories, and may arrive in a generic box
Black & Decker LSWV36 Cordless Leaf Blower
Efficiently designed, the Black & Decker LSW36 can clear debris lying on hard surfaces easily. It comes with a soft grip handle which makes it really comfortable to use. The blow tube features a built-in scraper which helps in getting rid of debris that is stuck.
The 40V Li-ion battery helps it produce 120mph air speed. It also features a Power Command which allows the speed to be varied. At 4.7lbs, it is extremely lightweight, making it the ideal leaf blower which can be used for a long period of time at a stretch.
- The in-built scraper helps in getting rid of stubborn debris
- It is extremely lightweight
- It comes equipped with a very useful vacuum attachment
- The speed adjuster is a roller switch instead of a trigger.
Ryobi Ry40402 Cordless Jet Fan Blower
It will feel like you are using a gas blower, without getting into the mess of oil and gas. The Ryobi RY40402 features a jet fan design which helps optimize its air flow. It ends up producing 300cfm of power and 155 MPH air velocity.
This helps it clear through dry and wet debris and leaves easily. You can use it on both hard surfaces and lawns. The variable speed trigger gives you control over the speed, and the sleek design makes it ergonomic. It runs on a 40V Li-ion battery.
- It is very well-balanced making it easy to use
- It features a unique paddle trigger which makes handling it comfortable
- It is very quiet and won’t wake up your neighbors
- A bit more focused air stream would have helped in moving large debris.
- Jet Fan Design that Maximizes Power
- Variable Speed Trigger for Optimized Control
- Designed for User Comfort with a Soft Grip Handle
- Includes: (1) Ryobi RY40402 40-volt Li-Ion Cordless Blower (Bare-tool ONLY, battery and charger NOT included)
Makita DUB182Z Cordless Blower
This is a hot favorite in workshops and job sites as their go-to clean-up tool. It features a fantastic power-to-weight ratio and runs on an 18V LXT Li-ion battery. You can vary the speed as per the kind of air flow you want.
- The design is compact, and the tool is extremely lightweight
- It features a variable speed control
- The soft grip handle allows you to do the task comfortably
- At just 18V, the battery is a bit weak. At full power, you will only be able to use it for 12 minutes.
- Variable speed (0-18,000 RPM) for optimum speed control
- Up to 12 minutes of continuous operation from a single charge at high speed
- Compact and ergonomic design.Overall length : 20-3/4 inches long
- Weighs only 3.9 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue. BATTERY AND CHARGER SOLD SEPARATELY.
Craftsman 98021 Cordless Blower
This is another favorite among those looking for lightweight, handy blowers to clean their hard surfaces off dirt, leaves, and debris. The 40V Li-ion battery gives it a power of 90cfm and 120 MPH air velocity. That is enough to clear the area of dry leaves and similar stuff.
- At just 4.7lbs, it is extremely lightweight.
- The variable speed setting allows you to control airflow for cleaning tight corners.
- The lean and ergonomic design makes it easy to handle
- The roller adjustment for airflow control could have been done away with in favor of a trigger adjusted output.
- Lithium-ion Battery chemistry
- 2-Amp hour capacity
- Battery status indicator for easy readout
- Compatible with most of the Craftsman 40V product line
How to Choose a Cordless Leaf Blower
There are so many cordless leaf blowers in the market today that it’s quite normal for anyone to get confused while settling for one. Before you venture out to buy one, make sure you know what you need. Each blower is meant for different uses. If you know what you need and where you’re going to use it, it will be easier for you to make the final choice.
The first thing you need to check while buying a cordless leaf blower is its quality and if it’s durable. These things aren’t that cheap, so it is quite a given that you’d want yours to last for a long time. To ensure quality, it’s not necessary that you need to choose the most expensive one. Check the ratings of the company manufacturing it. Their reputation should give you an indication of what their product’s going to be like.
The second most important thing to consider while buying one of these is the weight. If you are looking for a handheld cordless leaf blower, then you’d prefer a lightweight one. The heavy ones normally come with shoulder strap. If they don’t then you may want to think twice before buying them. How long the battery charge lasts is also another important point to be checked upon. You don’t want a blower which runs out of juice before the job gets done. This will depend upon what you’ll be cleaning with the blower. You are likely to have an idea of how long an average cleaning operation is going to take. Based on that you can make the decision of which blower is going to last for enough time so that you can get the job done much before the power gives way.
You also need to think about the noise your leaf blower is allowed to produce. Most people prefer blowers which make less noise because the noisy one result in a spat with the neighbors and that’s never preferred. Most of the cordless leaf blowers are quiet, but if you want the powerful gas-powered ones, then the noise is going to be an issue. The gas-powered motors are noisy, unlike their electrical counterparts.
Lastly, let’s come to the price. Cordless leaf blowers, quite expectedly, are a bit more expensive than the wired ones. But they do have their advantages. So, the few extra bucks that you’d be spending won’t go to waste. Take the time before making the final choices. Read up the reviews online, about problems other people have faced while using a particular blower and if that situation’s applicable for you too. If prices are your major concern, then you can look for deals online which will help you get your perfect blower at discounted rates.
Why Do You Need a Cordless Leaf Blower?
The Final Verdict
Again, it all depends on the kind of cordless leaf blower you are looking for. The needs and choices of people vary hugely and this in no way means that if you like some other leaf blower, you shouldn’t go for it. When faced with so many choices, it is never easy to settle for one. It is then that all the factors that are appropriate in your case come into play and help you reach the final decision.
Proper research always comes in handy at times like this. Regarding sheer power, the Worx WG590 is a really good buy. It will help you get rid of all the leaves, dust and debris quickly and efficiently. Overall, for some light-duty cleaning, you can trust the GreenWorks 24252 to do its job perfectly. The battery is powerful enough to let it operate for 35 minutes which is long enough for most domestic cleaning. If you have any recommendation which we should add in this coveted list of best cordless leaf blowers 2019, then feel free to mention that in comments below!