Best Shower Heads 2019 Reviews, Ratings & Buying Guide
Best Shower Heads 2019 : It’s always the little things that make the most difference. Shower heads are not something most people lose their good night’s sleep over, but when you get the right one in your bathroom things can get way more relaxing for you whenever you step in for a quick shower. Even if your shower is misbehaving recently by letting out either a trickle or a very hard flow of water, you can replace it with a new shower head letting out just the right amount of water.
Shower heads come in different varieties based on the way the water pores are distributed over the surface. That determines whether you are going to get concentrated showers or something as gentle as rain showers. After a hard day’s work, a proper shower goes a long way in cleansing the tiredness out of your body and mind. If the shower works properly and according to your choice, then it stops becoming something that you just want to rush through because it’s like a ritual. Rather you’ll be looking forward to it because of how relaxing and invigorating it is!
- Who Should Use Shower Heads
- 10 Best Shower Heads Reviews, Pros & Cons & Verdict
- Delta 58480-PK In2ition H2Okinetic 5-Setting Two-in-One Shower Head
- Speakman S-2252 Adjustable Shower Head
- ShowerMaxx Shower Head Premium with 6 Spray Setting
- Speakman S-2005-HB Hotel Anystream Shower Head
- Culligan WSH-C125 Shower Head with Massage
- Ana Bath SS5450CBN Handheld Shower and Shower Head Combo Shower System
- Delta Faucet 75700 Universal Hand Shower
- Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 24 Function Ultra-Luxury 3-way 2 in 1 Shower-Head/Handheld Shower Combo
- AquaDance 7” Premium High Pressure 3-Way Rainfall Shower Head
- Vida Alegria H5+ 2.5GPM Handheld Shower Head
- How to Choose a Shower Head
- Why Do You Need a Shower Head?
Who Should Use Shower Heads
10 Best Shower Heads Reviews, Pros & Cons & Verdict
Delta 58480-PK In2ition H2Okinetic 5-Setting Two-in-One Shower Head
This features a detachable hand shower that works simultaneously with the main shower, thus allowing you to get two streams of water at the same time. There’s also a pause option available on the shower head which allows you to lessen the flow of water while you lather yourself up. This makes sure that the water is not wasted. It’s easy to install, and there’s no need to dig up the wall behind your shower to replace your old shower head with this.
This shower head uses water efficiently, giving you the sense that you’re using more water than you actually are. The internal system controls the droplet size, movement, and speed of both the showers. There are five modes – Pause, Full Spray, H2Okinetic Spray, Massage Spray, and Full Spray with Massage. The spray holes can be self-cleaned, and the 60-82” metal hose is stretchable.
- The water flow is great; the wave pattern of the water gives you a feeling of using more water than you actually are.
- Very easy to adjust and install.
- The faucet looks great
- The lever that facilitates the change between the main shower head and the hand shower is a bit difficult to reach.
- Pause, H2Okinetic Spray, Full Spray, Massage Spray, Full Spray w/Massage
- Fully plated showerhead
- Self-cleaning H2Okinetic spray holes; Features Touch-Clean spray holes
- Includes 60 in. hose
- 1.75 gpm @ 80 psi, 6.6 L/min @ 550 kPa
Speakman S-2252 Adjustable Shower Head
This adjustable shower head features six jets and as many as 48 powerful sprays which are completely customizable according to your wants. Rotating the handle will give you showers in various spray patterns. The several presets that this shower head comes loaded with are Flood Mode, Intense Mode, and Rain Mode.
- The stream is adjustable and the shower head is quite heavy-duty.
- It is very easy to operate and install.
- The reducer is very easy to remove.
- While the spray patterns can be comfortable to most people, some people may not like them.
Speakman S-2252 Signature Brass Icon Anystream High Pressure Adjustable Shower Head, Polished Chrome
- Features patented Anystream 360 degree technology
- Constructed of durable, solid brass ensuring quality and longevity
- Equipped with Speakman patented plunger system and self-cleaning nozzles
- Consistent powerful spray performance even under low water pressure
ShowerMaxx Shower Head Premium with 6 Spray Setting
This shower head made from ABS material features a polished and elegant brass finish, giving your bathroom an extra luxurious look. Now, you will be able to get spa-like showers in your own home. The face place is large at 4.5”. There’s a six spray controller setting by which you can select the perfect water pressure to suit your needs.
The options available are Power Massage, Rainfall, Circular Massage, Rainfall+Circular Massage, Rainfall+Power Massage, and Water Saver Trickle mode. The silicon jet nozzles are self-cleaning in nature, and the 4.92ft steel hose features a brass finish can be stretched to 6.56ft.
- This includes a brass ball joint shower mount that is adjustable.
- The flow restrictor is easy to remove.
- Free Teflon plumber’s tapes are included with every shower head so that you can manage leaks if they occur during installation.
- Most of the parts are made of plastic, and the metal coiling that keeps the water tube inside in place is a little flimsy.
ShowerMaxx Shower Head Premium 6 Spray Settings | Luxury Spa Detachable Handheld Showerhead | Long Stretchable Stainless Steel Hose, Adjustable...
- ►MULTIPLE MODE ADJUSTABLE SETTINGS - High pressure, water saver mode or massage - the choice is yours. Featuring a total of six different spray settings including Rainfall, Circular Massage, Power Massage, Rainfall and Circular Massage, Rainfall and Power Massage and for the eco-conscious, a Water Saver Trickle mode. Adjustable ball joint allows easy and flexible adjustment to achieve the perfect angle for your bath area.
Speakman S-2005-HB Hotel Anystream Shower Head
This makes a hotel shower experience come to your own bathroom. Speakman’s patented Anystream technology is featured in this which makes the transition between the several spray patterns seamless. The simple frame goes with any kind of décor. The timeless styling and the durable design makes it a go-to shower head in many hotels. It features eight center massage jets.
The extra full-body sprays that it comes equipped with can be adjusted easily by turning the T-handle. The Massage Setting makes sure your sore muscles are relieved of all tensions, giving you a sensual shower experience. The intense pattern makes sure no two spray lines intersect. The Combination setting lets you enjoy a bit of both the other two settings. The self-cleaning nozzles are just an added bonus.
- This is easy to handle and install.
- You can get a really luxurious and relaxing stream of water.
- The restrictor is very easily removable.
- The entire shower head is made of plastic. This may be a low scoring point for users who prefer metal shower heads.
- Features patented Anystream 360° technology
- Equipped with 5 adjustable jets producing 50 individual streams and 8 pulsating massage sprays
- Constructed of lightweight Speakman engineered plastic
- 2.5 gpm flow control, fits standard U.S. plumbing connections
Culligan WSH-C125 Shower Head with Massage
This shower head features 5-spray settings and the nozzles are anti-clog in nature. The in-built filtration system gets rid of chlorine and sulfur in the water, thus ensuring your skin remains soft. The shower head is very easily installable and no additional tools are required.
The filter cartridges are long lasting. No matter the water type, it works well for all kinds of water that flows through it. You can choose among the spray settings according to your mood. Whether you want a relaxing massage or a full-body intense shower, this can take care of all your shower needs.
- works really well
- The water pressure that it maintains is great, and the filters are easily replaceable.
- The filtered water provides you with a lot of health benefits, and is really good for your skin and hair.
- The installation process has proved to be a little difficult for some users.
Verdict: If you are in need of a shower head featuring a powerful filtration system, then this should be the one for you. The various spray modes also make this shower head pretty hard to ignore.
- Wall-Mounted filtered shower head, meets EPA Water Sense certification standard of maximum 2.0 gallons per minute or less
- Shower head has anti clog rubber spray nozzles that offer 5 spray settings for added comfort
Ana Bath SS5450CBN Handheld Shower and Shower Head Combo Shower System
The Echo CBL-58V2AH features a brushless motor which delivers tremendous and runs for a long time. This 5” 5 function shower head gives you a wholesome shower experience. In spite of having so many spray modes, the water saving technology installed makes sure that you save a lot on your water bill.
The spray modes that it comes equipped with are – Saturating Mode, Massage Mode, Bubbling Mode, Saturating Mode and Bubbling Mode, and Saturating Mode and Massage Mode. It comes equipped with a 60” hose made of stainless steel and 3-way diverted mount. The brushed nickel finish makes your bathroom look more elegant.
- Gives you a versatile shower experience.
- This is good for people with short heights and is easy to operate.
- The spray patterns are really nice.
- The installation process can be a bit tricky for some people.
Verdict: A compact shower head that gives you a versatile shower experience, this one from Ana Bath takes care of your shower needs no matter the mood you are in.
Ana Bath Anti-Clog LARGE SPRAY FACE 5 Inch 5 Function Handheld Shower and Shower Head Combo Shower System with 5...
- ANTI CLOG NOZZLES: Easy to rub clean / Lime and mineral deposit resistant. Easily remove calcium and mineral deposits by pushing nozzles with water on.
- MODERN LARGE/WIDE SPRAY FACE with ERGONOMIC HANDLE: 5 inch wide to provide rainfall spa experience. It is so relaxing that you will not want to get out of the shower. Our handheld shower fits your hand comfortably. Transitional style that fits in your bathroom design perfectly.
Delta Faucet 75700 Universal Hand Shower
The Touch-Clean spray holes allow you to get rid of mineral residue while gets built up inside other shower heads. No need to soak them or use cleaners. There’s a pause setting on this which allows you to efficiently use water when you are lathering yourself up. What’s more! The temperature of the water is also conserved when you pause the shower
This features both a hand shower and a fixed shower head. The several spray settings include Full Body Spray, Drenching spray, Fast Massage Spray, Full Spray with Massage, Soft Drench with Full Spray, and Soft Rain Spray. There’s an internal waterway too which ensures top performance from the product and durability.
- The weight of this shower makes it easy to handle, and it is very easy to install.
- The water flow and pressure is really good.
- A proper value for money product.
- The plastic hose that this shower head comes equipped with is not as flexible as one can expect.
- Soft, rubber Touch-Clean spray holes allow you to easily wipe away calcium and lime build-up from the spray face of your shower head and hand shower with the touch of a finger
- Spray settings include: Full Body spray, Fast Massage spray, Full Spray with Massage, Drenching spray, Soft Drench with Full spray, Soft Rain spray
Hydroluxe Full-Chrome 24 Function Ultra-Luxury 3-way 2 in 1 Shower-Head/Handheld Shower Combo
You can choose from as many as 24 different water flow patterns. The 5 water spray settings include Massage, Power Rain, Stay-Warm Mist, Pause and Water-saving Economy Rain modes.
The nozzles are self-cleanable. The 5-ft stainless steel hose is extremely flexible thus allowing you to shower whichever way you want. Shower separately or together, the two-in-one shower head is an added bonus in any case.
- This features a patented 3-way water diverter which has anti-swivel lock nut.
- The overhead bracket can be adjustable based on their angles.
- You don’t need any tool to install it.
- Water pressure complaints have come from some people.
- Use each shower separately or both together! All Chrome 24 Function Shower System - Choose from 24 full and combined water flow patterns
- 5 Full Setting High-Power Shower Head and Hand Shower 5 settings include: Power Rain, Massage, Stay-Warm Mist, Water-saving Economy Rain and Pause
AquaDance 7” Premium High Pressure 3-Way Rainfall Shower Head
The two shower heads that it comes equipped with have 6 full spray settings each – Power Rain, Power Mist, Pulsating Massage, Rain/Mist, Rain/Massage, and Water Saving Pause Mode. The 3-way diverter lets you use whichever combination of shower head you may want to use.
You can switch the spray settings using the Click-Lever Dial. Cleaning this shower head is easy due to the rub-clean jets. You can also save water using the Pause mode. The extra large 7” shower head is perfect for those with a large bathroom. Talk about being enveloped on all sides by your shower.
- Water flow and pressure is good.
- The click-lever dial makes switching the shower heads a breeze.
- The tool-free installation makes it free of any hassles.
- The wand holder is not adjustable.
AquaDance 7" Premium High Pressure 3-way Rainfall Shower Combo for the Best of Both Worlds - Enjoy Luxurious 6-setting Rain...
- OUR BEST 3 PICK: Vigorously tested by our professional team of US showerhead experts to highest US quality and performance standards. INDEPENDENTLY TESTED to meet latest US compliance standards unlike most other showerheads sold on Amazon. PREMIUM 6-SETTING 7" RAINFALL SHOWER HEAD: Huge 7-inch Face for drenching flow coverage, High-power Click Lever Dial, Rub-Clean Jets (easy cleaning/preventing lime buildup), Angle-Adjustable. All-chrome finish (including back and face).
Vida Alegria H5+ 2.5GPM Handheld Shower Head
The stainless steel hose that comes with this shower head is stretchable from 5ft to more than 7ft. The STAY-PUT holder makes sure that the holder stays put exactly where you want it to.
This shower head features 5 spray modes, including a drizzle mode which saves water when you’re lathering yourself up. The sleek look of this shower head makes it look at home with any kind of décor. The water flow restrictor that it comes equipped with is very easily removable.
- The instructions are very easy to follow, and the installation process is also very easy.
- Restrictor is very easily removable.
- Water pressure is very comfortable and easily customizable according to your needs.
- Water flow becomes really slow in the ‘Rain’ mode.
- INSTALLS IN MINUTES and great for FAMILIES - bathe CHILDREN and PETS with flexible STAINLESS STEEL HOSE that S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-S from 5 to 7 feet with NO TANGLES - BEST FOR CLEANING your bath area plus Hi-tech ABS FACE STAYS CLEAN and REPELS HARD WATER and won't look dirty all the time like chrome-faced units - HAND HELD with STAY-PUT Holder will NOT twist/pivot accidentally! - SILICONE JETS just "flick" to De-clog - Makes a PERFECT GIFT for moms, dads, grads, and home remodelers!
How to Choose a Shower Head
Starting the day with a refreshing shower can go a long way in setting the perfect mood for the day. As with buying everything else, you need to be sure of what you want from your shower head and then go for buying one. Firstly, take your budget under consideration. That will help you a lot in lessening the number of choices that you will be considering. It is not necessary that the expensive ones will be the best performers. What you will be looking for are the value-for-money products.
Some people want a gentle, steady stream of water from their shower, while some others want forceful, strong flow of water. If you want a shower head which is adjustable, you need to take that into consideration as well. If you have a large bathroom, there are large shower heads which will be perfect for those. In contrast, there are small shower heads too which won’t take up much space inside your bathroom should you want that. If you want something sleek and luxurious to suit your bathroom décor, then that should also be something that you should consider.
Now you put together all these considerations and figure out which particular shower heads suits all your requirements. Find information about all the shower heads before picking them out. Check customer reviews about the particular product and also the company manufacturing the product before making your decision. This will inform you about likely troubles that you may encounter in case you buy a particular product. Look through buyer’s guides; you may come across a discount coupon when you least expect it. Check magazines, website, catalogues, and forum discussions too. They will help you a lot in arriving at a decision.
Why Do You Need a Shower Head?
We all have some or the other of the many electronic equipments that make our lives better with every passing day. After a long day of work, while some prefer to read a book quietly, others watch TV or listen to music to unwind. But no matter what you prefer to do, there are very few people who will say no to a proper shower after returning home from work. It refreshes you in a way nothing else does. While it may not seem likely, but with a proper shower head installed, you actually get to save water and the associated bill too. Modern shower heads with their energy-saving Pause option conserve even more water because it doesn’t lead to water wastage during the time you are not using it during your bath.
Showers are mostly user-friendly. The designs are simple and all you need to do is to turn them on and enjoy the experience. The elegant looks of the shower heads are such that they go with all kinds of décor and won’t diminish the style quotient of your bathroom in any way. Shower heads that come with filters attached purify the water that comes out of them, thus negating the effects of chemicals like chlorine, sulfur, and hard water on your hair and skin. Massage showers are even better. If you need therapy, then you can very well get one in your bathroom. You can control the flow and speed of the water that comes out of the shower. In case of massage showers, the flow becomes intense and if you can direct the water stream towards sore muscles, it can very well do the job of therapy.
The Final Verdict
At the end of the day, it all boils down to how you want your shower head to be and what purpose you want it to serve. If you want a large shower head for your large bathroom, then go for the 7” shower heads. If you want ones with attached filters, then the Culligan WSH-C125 is a good choice. If you want ones with spray modes and similar features, then there are a lot to choose from. The list we have presented above features some of the best ones available in the market. You can cross-reference your requirements with them, and make your pick.