Best Toaster Ovens 2018 Reviews, Ratings & Buying Guide
Best Toaster Ovens 2018: Heating up your oven and as a result, your kitchen for a simple bread toast doesn’t really make sense, especially during the summers when the heat waves make sure you stay out of the sun’s way. What is the mood strikes you for a little homemade pizza? That’s when your convenient toaster ovens come in handy. These are much smaller in size than normal ovens, consume much less power and don’t cause a temperature hike in your kitchen.
Nowadays, technology has made our lives a whole lot easier. And it is no different in this case too. The modern-day best toaster ovens are no less than our convenient ovens, except their size. Still, some of them are big enough to cook two meals at once. Add to that a host of features that they come equipped with.
- 10 Best Toaster Ovens Reviews, Pros & Cons & Verdict
- Breville BOV450XL Mini Toaster Oven with Element IQ
- Oster TSSTTVDGXL-SHP Digital Countertop Oven
- Black and Decker TO1313SBD Toaster Oven
- Cuisinart TOB-40 Toaster Oven
- Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven
- Oster TSSTTVMNDG Large Capacity Toaster Oven
- Waring Pro TCO650 Digital Convection Oven
- Cuisinart TOB-155 Toaster Oven
- Hamilton Beach Toastation Toaster Oven
- Cuisinart TOB-80 Compact Toaster Oven
- How to Choose Best Toaster Ovens
- Why Do You Need Toaster Ovens?
- Who Should Use Toaster Ovens?
10 Best Toaster Ovens Reviews, Pros & Cons & Verdict
Breville BOV450XL Mini Toaster Oven with Element IQ
This feature-packed toaster oven from Breville comes with the Element IQ Technology which makes the heat gets evenly distributed across the foods. The four quartz elements and the power output of 1800W make sure that the oven reacts differently based on what you want it to do.
It also comes with 8 different presets like: roast, broil, pizza (yay!), reheat, toast, cookies, bagel and bake. Just rotate the dial and there you go! While the oven may look little, you can make an 11’ pizza easily in it. The LCD display on the front panel lights up in different colors according to the usage – orange while preheating and blue when you’re not using it.
- The non-stick interior makes sure you don’t have to give much effort in keeping this clean.
- The presets available in the front dial make cooking easier for you.
- You can place the rack in 3 different positions, according to your requirements
- The alarm is not so loud, so there’s a chance you may miss hearing it when it sounds and you’re away in another room doing something else.
- 4 Quartz 1800 Watt Elements with Element IQ Technology
- Function dial with 8 pre-set cooking functions and each element adjusts automatically for the setting you choose, to deliver the right cooking temperature at the right time for the meal you are creating
Oster TSSTTVDGXL-SHP Digital Countertop Oven
Larger in size than most other toaster ovens, this can also handle more than the run-off-the-mill ones. You can actually cook an entire meal in this, and that’s not including Pizza. If you happen to not own a conventional oven and are looking for buying one but worried about your small kitchen, go for this because.
The oven is equipped with convection technology so it heats everything evenly. Goodbye to frozen centers and burnt edges. There’s also a handy touch panel to control everything and an LCD display to make sure everything is fine on the other fronts.
- Fast heating made sure by convection technology.
- The large size ensures that you can cook entire meals for your small family.
- Interiors are designed to be cleaned easily and the oven also comes with a 90 minute timer which gets shut off automatically.
- A lack of an interior light makes it difficult to gauge the progress of the food that’s getting cooked inside.
- Countertop convection oven features convection technology for fast, even heating
- Digital settings for pizza, bake, broil, toast, and defrost
- Large interior fits 2 take-and-bake pizzas, a family-sized chicken, or 18 slices of bread
Black and Decker TO1313SBD Toaster Oven
This is popularly touted as one of the most affordable toaster ovens available in the market. The technology is pretty straightforward and basic. This is perfect for those who are looking for a toaster oven which performs just the basic jobs, and doesn’t feature any confusing settings.
The dials are very straightforward. Just set the three dials (heat, type of cooking, and time) and you are good to go!
- Controls are very basic and easy-to-use for anyone.
- The ‘stay on’ feature allows you to check on the foods if they are ready.
- A very affordable option
- Not good for fancy dishes.
- EvenToast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time.
- 9" Pizza, 4 Slices of Bread - The compact toaster oven fits nicely on the countertop, while the curved interior makes room for 9" pizzas and 4 slices of bread.
Cuisinart TOB-40 Toaster Oven
This is as classic a toaster oven as they get. You don’t have to worry about the chance of touching a hot handle accidentally because this features a touch handle. Loading and unloading the racks are also really easy as they slide in or out automatically.
Performance-wise, there’s no room for any complaints. You can toast up to 6 slices of bread and mane an 11’ pizza together; it’s that spacious. The most important feature is probably the auto-shutoff of the oven if anything goes wrong.
- Very spacious
- Features a cool slide in-out tray system, touch handle and the oven shuts off automatically if anything goes wrong at any point.
- The controls have rubber grips, so your fingers won’t slip on them
- The functions are written in very small font. So, if your eyesight is a little weak, you may face trouble reading them.
- 1800 Watts to toast, bagel, bake and broil with a full size interior holds 11 inch pizza and 6 slices of toast, unit measures: 17" x 11.74" x 8.35"
- Stainless steel front with rubberized easy grip dials, cool touch handle, and a front removable tray; easy clean nonstick interior
Hamilton Beach Easy Reach Toaster Oven
The shape of this toaster is its primary selling point. All other ovens belonging to the same category, the front panel swings down. You can just pull your food in or out! The point where it differs with the others is the shape – the panel is curved and we can open it by pulling it up. And that makes all the difference!
It is very easy to place your food or remove them from the tray without any risk of hurting your hands touching the sides of the oven. The design makes it very easy to clean and it is extremely easy-to-use – two basic dials, one for temperature and the other for the time.
- A curved panel makes it easy to place or remove food from the tray without touching the hot sides.
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- Very basic control features which makes it easy-to-use
- A mechanical timer is used in the dials while the foods get cooked inside, so the ticking sound is there.
- Easy access to food and countertop, easy to clean food can't spill on door
- Bake, broil & toast functions, convection circulates air for faster, even cooking, removable crumb tray
- 30 minute timer with ready bell and optional stay-on setting
Oster TSSTTVMNDG Large Capacity Toaster Oven
This large capacity toaster oven is sure to catch your eye for its design. Before you go on and buy it though, make sure it is going to fit in your kitchen. The controls are all digital. This features convection technology, so everything gets heated properly and throughout.
You can even choose the level of crispiness of your toast with this toaster oven. How neat is that! The 90-minute automatic shut-off is also very handy.
- Digital controls make using this toaster oven a breeze.
- With 1-touch functions you can easily complete the job you set out to.
- The spacious interiors allow you to bake or heat a number of items at the same time.
- The size is a little big, so make sure it is going to fit in your kitchen before you purchase it.
Oster Large Digital Countertop Convection Toaster Oven, 6 Slice, Black/Polished Stainless (TSSTTVMNDG-SHP-2)
- 6-slice convection toaster oven with convection technology for faster, more even cooking. Cord length: 31.49 inches
- Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F lets you cook with the convenience of an oven
Waring Pro TCO650 Digital Convection Oven
This neat toaster oven is made of brushed stainless steel and is super affordable. The controls are basic and straightforward. You can fit in 4 slices of bread at the same time.
Cooking is easy with it due to extra trays provided – a wire rack, a baking pan and a broil pan. The 30-minute automatic shut-off timer is also a big help. Producing 1500W of power, it is quite powerful.
- This is sure to fit your budget if you are looking for an affordable toaster oven for your everyday basic jobs.
- The ‘light to dark’ option for toasting is quite helpful as you can select the level of crisp for your toast.
- Controls are easy, so anyone can use it perfectly
- The interiors of this oven don’t have a non-stick coating, so cleaning is a bit difficult.
- Capacity of .6 cubic feet, 1500 watts
- Bake, convection-bake, broil, toast, and pizza functions
- Holds 6 slices of bread or a 12-inch pizza. Digital 60-minute timer with LCD display and touchpad controls
- Product Dimensions Exterior Dimensions : (D x W x H): 14.5 x 17 x 10.75" and Interior Dimensions (D x W x H): 10.5 x 12 x 8.5"
Cuisinart TOB-155 Toaster Oven
This professional toaster oven from Cuisinart features a clear glass door which opens at the top, and a stainless steel/black design. The digital controls are present at the bottom panel. There’s also a LED display thrown in there. You can use that as a clock too.
It gives you to select different preset functions to make your life easier. Most importantly, this comes equipped with a heat sensor. So getting that perfectly cooked meat and fish isn’t going to be that distant dream any longer!
- You can select the level of darkness for your toast; that’s a handy feature to have on a toaster oven.
- You can cook precisely meat and fish using the heat sensor this comes equipped with.
- With a professional look, this is sure to look great in any kitchen
- You have to be really careful because this does not come with an insulating material on the glass door. So if you happen to touch it, you will end up getting a big and painful blister on your hand.
- 6-slice toaster oven with spacious 0.6-cubic-foot capacity
- Pizza/bake, broil, and toast options; bagel, reheat, and defrost buttons
- Shade control with heat sensor maintains precise oven temperature
- Electronic touchpad controls; clock and oven timers; easy-to-clean interior
Hamilton Beach Toastation Toaster Oven
This is built to make your life more convenient. You can cook two things at the same time. Place something on the tray to bake, and on the top push-down grill you can toast 2 slices of bread at the same time.
The toaster heats up quickly, so it will save you a lot of time.
- All-in-one design makes it super convenient.
- Heats really fast. So, your food will be ready in no time at all.
- The sleek design will save you a lot of kitchen space
- The oven has a tendency to beep for everything, so that may get a little annoying at times.
- More cooking versatility in less space; Quickly bake and heat your favorite foods
- Toasts up to 30% faster than the leading toaster oven
- Extra-wide top toasting slot. Dimensions: 8.86 H x 16.22 W x 8.46 D
Cuisinart TOB-80 Compact Toaster Oven
A classic addition to your kitchen, this gorgeous toaster oven is made of brushed stainless steel. The design is such that it goes with any décor, so you needn’t worry about whether it will fit in your kitchen. It comes with presets for different functions, allowing you to perform your tasks efficiently.
The package comes with a broiling rack, crump tray and a recipe book. The interior has a non-stick coating which makes it very easy to clean. You can also control the kind of dark your toast gets because there’s a dial for that.
- The interior is very easy to clean because of the non-stick coating.
- The cooking tray is removable, so that makes things easier.
- The 7 cooking presets allows to achieve that perfect taste in the items you cook.
- If you try to cook large items, then in some cases, the heat doesn’t get distributed evenly.
- Compact and counter-friendly 0.35 cubic-foot capacity
- Fits 4 slices of bread or a 9" pizza
- 4 functions in 1: toast, bake, broil and keep Warm
- Convenient Hands free auto-slideout rack
- Easy-clean nonstick interior
How to Choose Best Toaster Ovens
Choosing the perfect toaster oven to fit your needs in the kitchen is no mean task. You have to take into account various things at once and finding that right combination is very difficult. Modern toaster ovens come loaded with features, unlike those of the past. Nowadays the controls are mostly digital in nature, and they save a lot more energy that the earlier versions. Every person has a different requirement when it comes to choosing a toaster oven. While some require one to serve as a secondary oven for their kitchen, others bank on it to server as their only oven because of a lack of space in their kitchen. So, before the task of choosing the ideal toaster oven to serve your needs becomes too daunting, go through our list of tips to help make your task easier.
Toasters ovens can be broadly classified into two types – Standard toaster ovens and Convection ones. The standard ones are mostly small in size and preheat quickly. They are mostly used as secondary ovens. Convection ovens make sure that the heat gets distributed across the food evenly. That’s ensures that the food gets cooked quicker and also saves a lot of energy in the process.
Most of the modern toaster ovens can toast (duh!) and broil. But they also come equipped with a host of additional features like rotisserie functions and convection heating. When you are thinking about your options, think primarily about the kind of cooking you will be doing using the oven. If you are just looking to toast, then you don’t need one with all the advanced functionalities. However, if you are looking for a secondary oven for your kitchen, then you will need to take into account the kind of functionalities a particular toaster oven comes equipped with.
You will also get a lot of options as far as user controls are concerned. Some have digital touchpads, while others have the basic dials as controls. If you want exact temperatures, then give these facets a thought before settling for one.
Like everything else, toaster ovens also come in a lot of sizes. While some take up as little space as possible in your kitchen, others are pretty large and can help bake food for the entire family. Take into account the size of your kitchen or the space where you are going to be storing the toaster oven when it’s no longer in use.
Also, make sure the door of the oven won’t take up any additional space. That is one of the most common things people miss out on while planning for their oven setup, and end up being at a premium regarding kitchen space.
And of course, the strength of your purse is important. As much as the functionalities of the modern toaster ovens vary, so do their prices. While you will get a small and basic one at just $50, a pretty advanced one may empty your pockets by a few hundred dollars. Here again, the role that your oven will play comes into the play.
You definitely don’t want to pay for features you won’t be using anytime in future. So what’s the point of shelling out all that extra bucks for nothing?
Why Do You Need Toaster Ovens?
Modern toaster ovens are basically conventional ovens in convenient sizes. And, they have other advantages, primary among which is the fact that they don’t increase the room temperature. Toaster ovens will save your day when all you need is a few toasts or when the mind strikes you to bake a little pizza. Surely, you don’t want to go into the trouble of using the big, hot oven for doing so small a task. That’s when the toaster oven comes into play.
The modern day toaster ovens come with so many additional functionalities that they can serve the purpose of being a conventional oven easily. Most of the toaster ovens also come with more than one rack to cook your food on. Cleaning these ovens is also easy if their insides are coated with non-stick materials.
Who Should Use Toaster Ovens?
Toaster ovens are perfect for several kinds of people. Here are some of the types that fit the bill perfectly:
- You have a really small kitchen space and you are looking for a decent oven. You don’t need to buy a conventional oven, because your kitchen doesn’t have the space for it. So, you get a toaster oven. Small, but handy and with roughly the same functionalities, if not better.
- You already have an oven but you need a secondary one to take care of small tasks. You get a toaster oven and use it for everyday jobs like toasting, broiling meat, baking a cake, etc.
- Toaster ovens are cheaper than conventional big ones. So if you are low on budget, you may get a basic one.
- You are in need of a basic oven just to take care of basic jobs like toasting bread. Get yourself a small toaster, and you will be good to go
The Final Verdict
Like everything else, while choosing a toaster oven you need to think about the kind that will suit your needs perfectly. First make up your mind as to what you want, and then select the ones that fit the bill. So, if you plan on buying a large oven, then spacious ones like the Oster ones or the Cuisinart TOB-40 will be worth settling for. If you are looking for small and compact ones, then the ones from the Hamilton Beach series may fit the bill. At the end of the day, everyone has different needs.