Have you ever cut too much mango for you and your family and if you are like me you don’t want to waste this tasty fruit? Cut mango goes bad quickly and bad mango is disgusting. Continue to read this blog post to learn how to store cut mango correctly up to a few days in the refrigerator and up to 6 months in the freezer
How long can ripen mango last?
Uncut ripen mango can last up to five days.
It is important to store your unripe mango at room temperature as it will turn soft and sweet in a few days. By having it at room temperature until it ripe the mango will become sweeter and softer over the coming days
Once your mango turn ripen keep it in the refrigerator to slow down the process until you need it, however, you should cut it to slow the process of it going bad
How to store cut mango in a refrigerator?
If you cut your ripen mango either for keeping it fresher for longer or prepping it for the coming days, you should store them an airtight container to keep the moisture from leaving and preventing them from taking flavor from the fridge.
Step 1: Cut and peel you mango preferably into cubes.
– The reason for peeling the mango is to slow down the process of the mangoes going bad.
– The reason for cubes is to keep it simple and it’s an easy way to cut and use mangoes in most recipes and cubes also make for a good snack.
Step 2: Place the cut mangoes in an airtight container
– If the mangoes are left in the open they will adapt flavor from the other foods in the fridge and will lose the great flavor.
– The container should be glass for better results.
Step 3: Eat the mangoes in a few days.
– Mangoes cant last forever in a fridge, even in an airtight container.
– If you want them to last longer then place them in a freezer ->
How to store cut mango in the freezer?
If you plan to cut up a lot of mangoes, maybe because of a sale or you want to use frozen mangoes to smoothies. By storing cut mangoes in the freezer it can last up to 6 months and it is perfect for drinks and smoothies.
Step 1: Peel and cut the mangoes
– You differently want to peel the mangoes when placing it in the fridge as it will be frozen and it is a pain to peel frozen mangoes – trust me.
– Again we want cubes as it is easy.
Step 2: Place the cut mangoes in a plastic bag
– The plastic bag will keep water and other bacteria away from the mangoes and will make it easy to use for example smoothies.
Step 3: Eat mangoes before six months.
– The mangoes will go bad after six months
Best Containers for keeping cut mangoes fresh
We have collected the best airtight containers for keeping mangoes fresh
How to pick the perfect mango
Mangoes are amazing. Store unripe mangoes in at room temperature to ripe it, once ripen keep it in the refrigerator. When you cut up your mangoes it should be stored in an airtight container and int the refrigerator and eaten in a couple of days.
You can keep mangoes for up to 6 months in a plastic bag and in the freezer. This is perfect for drinks and smoothies
What is your favorite way to eat mango?